Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Work-in-Progress 95



Hi everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous day today! I must admit, my days are so mixed up from not only the holiday but my husband's travel schedule. He's been traveling a lot for work, so I have been living my life based on when he's home and when he's away. There's no real ebb or flow to it, so I feel like I'm living in this fake world right now. To make matters worse, I have been traveling a bit myself, and will be leaving again on Thursday (tomorrow). I will not be home for FO Friday, but will try and remember to schedule a post so everyone can participate. If it does not post, it's because Blogger sucks. I won't be around for the next WIPW either, as I get home very late Tuesday night. Again, I will try and schedule a post for you all, but I won't have anything to share. Well, I'm sure I'll have a lot to share, but just won't get around to it.

That being said, I DO have stuff to share with you today for WIPW!





This is the pair of socks I started with the May '12 Candy Skein colorway, Candy Skein 1st Birthday. I think they're going to be too small for me unfortunately, but we'll see in the end. They're 70 sts, so I used a size 0 needle which I never do, but the size 1 needle was too big. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out and if not they'll make a nice gift for someone I'm sure. I'm really happy with how the yarn is knitting up! Don't forget, this yarn is only available until the end of this month (so basically today), so if you're interested in a skein, be sure to purchase one now! I haven't gotten too far on these, as I had to stop knitting on them while my wrist was hurting. Carpel Tunnel mixed with fingering weight yarn and size 0 needles is a recipe for disaster. Oh, I almost forgot! The pattern is Horcrux socks.









This is the shawl I started recently (I think I shared a picture of it last week for the first time). It's using 50% merino/50% tencel yarn from Alexandra's Crafts. I really like the yarn which I purchased at the fiber festival I had a booth at in Oregon last month. I'm hoping to take this on my trip so that I can get to the feather and fan portion of the pattern. The pattern is Multnomah.


That's it for me on WIPW! I'll be posting the Candy Skein June colorway later today! I can't wait to show you as it's one of my favorites! Also, I only have a few more sets of the Ice Cream series minis left! If you're interested in one, you should grab one soon!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

15 comments:

  1. I love the colours of both the socks and the shawl. Shame the sock will be too small they look lovely. Have a crafty day.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern! And the color of the yarn really shows off the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely socks. I love the colour of both your projects. There is not much green in my wardrobe. I might change that. Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEautiful colour on the shawl!
    I got my skein of May's sock yarn club in the mail today! So looking forward to cast on the TTL Mystery Shawl with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of your socks is beautiful, and I love that pattern, too. I love that you knit socks so much. I wish that I loved knitting socks as much as I do shawls. I actually wear socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick comment because I have to order some yarn RIGHT NOW! It's such a gorgeous colour. I usually find 70sts on size 0 fit me, and I have massive feet, so hopefully they DO fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your life calms down a bit, sounds a bit crazy right now. The socks will make a wonderful gift, sorry they won't fit you when done; but someone else is going to be very happy. Love the colors in the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep admiring yourwork on socks: lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like a bit of a sock pattern stalker, considering that I'm currently making the Hermione's Everyday Socks you showed off last week, but I really want to try the Horcruxes, too! I'll try to hold off for awhile. :)

    Yours are beautiful, and I really love the glow-like nature of the yarn you're using around the diagonal bits. As always, thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects. I put both patterns in my queue. Hopefully your life slows down a bit soon!
    I posted about Candy Skeins on my blog.

    http://thegaugewars.blogspot.com/2012/05/candy-skeins.html

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours, love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the socks and I've been wanting to make that shawl forever..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be thinking of you as I keep tabs of the hockey game tonight. Love the May colorway! I got all of my yarn and I am so excited for June's colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome socks, awesome shawl. You have such an eye for colour! Happy, safe travels, you know we miss you when you're gone :)

    ReplyDelete