Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 61

Happy Wednesday! Unfortunately, we didn't make it to Vegas due to my husband getting sick. Hopefully the curse that has fallen upon my house will go away soon! I'm so sad to have missed two huge events (Vogue Knitting and Las Vegas/hockey game) the past few weekends. At least I'm not sick (knock on wood) for the big Vista FIber Fiesta this weekend. I promise that I'll be more active with the blog as soon as the craziness of the Fiber Fiesta (and restocking) is over!

Speaking of that, I'm so so excited. I have 116 skeins of Candy Skein yarn ready to go currently, as well as small 4 yard samples of Delicious fingering for people to take with them! I can't wait for the show to start. Right now, I'm just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before Friday, when we set up the booth and Saturday when the festivities start! I also have tons and tons of amazing knitted samples that my knitting friends made in Candy Skein yarn. I can't believe I'm so lucky that they are letting me borrow them for this weekend to show off! I couldn't ask for better friends. :)

For this WIPW, I won't have the hat to share, because I FINISHED IT!!!!!! I'm actually wearing it RIGHT now, because San Diego decided that it was Fall all of the sudden. In the past 24 hours, we've dropped about 20 degrees and it's raining. I LOVE this weather, but am happy to report it will warm up a little for the Fiber Fiesta. Anyway, I'll share the hat on Friday, and those of you coming to the Fiber Fiesta will see it this weekend!



Since I'm plugging along on all of my work (I honestly can't believe I've dyed, caked, re-skeined and tagged over 116 skeins of yarn counting the ones I've sold recently in the past month), I've had a few minutes to actually....knit. I know, shocking right? It's great to be able to pick the needles back up! Since my husband is sick, I figured the least I could do is finish his socks. I was also depressed that we were home this weekend, instead of Vegas, so I worked on them to cheer me up. In just an evening of knitting on Sunday, I got the heel flap, heel turn, and gusset done, and started on the foot. I worked on the foot during knitting group last night and don't have too much more to go before the toe decrease! I can't believe it! For those who don't remember, this is Knit Picks Imagination in Frog Prince. :)

I also wanted to get these off my back (and my other WIPs) since I'll be making my first sweater/cardigan in the Candy Skein KAL that starts October 15th. Don't forget, we're making the Rhombi at the Candy Skein Addict Ravelry group and I'm giving a $2 a skein discount to those who buy yarn for the KAL. Also, the lovely pattern designer has the Rhombi pattern 15% off until October 15th when you use the code: ninjastockup. She's been great already in the discussion, answering any questions you have with the pattern and figuring out how to get the perfect gauge that works for your size.

That's it for me today! What are you working on?

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


37 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to Vegas. :( But I'll bet it felt so great to pick up the needles again -- I hope I'll be in the same situation soon, too. :p

    Looking forward to seeing all that yarn this Sunday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a ton of dying. Socks looks great.

    It's suddenly gotten cold here in Tucson tonight. My little wool sweater didn't cut it when I left work. I wishing for a whole flock of sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could knit proficiently enough to take part in your Kal! Oh wells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about Vegas :(

    Hope you have a wonderful time at the Fiesta, sounds like you've been incredibly busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad your feeling better, look forward to your f.o this friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks are looking amazing, such a lovely colour!

    Though its a bit sucky you didn't get to go to Vegas, glad knitting cheered you up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! This is my first time joining in :) So sorry to hear that your husband was ill and that you did not make it to Vegas :( But, the socks are looking great! I love the name of the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Vegas, but I'm glad you're not ill again! The socks are looking great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the hat on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy socks!

    Sorry about Vegas, it sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead, hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully you are done with sickness in your house. Your yarn looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the green...........we must both be in green mode. Happy to be back to wipw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stinks about Vegas, but I LOVE the socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear that you missed your trip and that your husband is sick. Hopefully things will be back to normal quickly.
    The socks look great. The color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your hubby feels better, the socks are an awesome color so they should cheer him up.

    Have fun with the KAL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl you are burning the candles at both ends aren't you! I'm glad you are better and I hope your hubster feels better soon. I wish I were close enough to come visit at the Fiber Fiesta. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry you've had hopes dashed recently. Where is the Fiber Fiesta??? I will be in San Fran this weekend, not sure what the distance is. Of course, I doubt I could convince the Hubster we needed to head there for sight seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been really warm here, in the 80s this week did we switch weather? Can't wait to hear how it goes this weekend, I bet its going to be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. That's a whole lot of yarn. Glad you found some time to knit!!! Love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the green!

    Its chilly here (Pittsburgh), too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry you didn't get to Vegas. We've been sick too. Seems it's the season for it.

    I love the green in those socks. Someday I'll learn to make socks lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck with your festival! I'm sure your yummy yarn will be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sad to learn that a) your husband caught your awful bug, and b) that you both had to miss your trip because of it. But it's wonderful to see that you have so much yarn prepared for the festival (if only NY and Cali were closer together...).

    And what terrific progress you've made on that sock! Your husband is a lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boo to sick hubby and missing fun things! I'm so sorry. On the other hand, I'm beyond excited for you about this weekend. I'm expecting you to make a huge splash at the show and to sell out of everything. Wish I could play along with your KAL, but that cardi just isn't a good luck for me. Hopefully I'll get in on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much everyone!

    For those wondering about the KAL,if you're a slow knitter, you can still join along! We are working on it from Oct 15-Dec 15 actively, but I keep the KAL threads open for those who finish after our official finish date on the group! For example, the shawl one is still open (and I haven't even finished my shawl yet! LOL)

    I'll also be having a sock KAL coming up next month!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck at Fiber Fiesta! All of those skeins sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have fun at the festa. I was at Lambtown last week and had a ball

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bummed that you didn't make it to Vegas, but your socks look fantastic! Congrats on getting all that yarn ready for the Fiesta this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rhombi is a gorgeous knit. I'm sure it will look amazing in all your colourways. Looking forward to seeing the group progress x

    ReplyDelete
  29. It sounds like your hubby being sick actually made you have a little downtime ...not a bad thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you're feeling better! Groovy socks and I can't wait to see your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, that's too bad about your hubbie getting sick! Hope he's well soon.

    Today's WIP is the start of a sock, using "Halloween Treats" yarn. It's got this tweedy-stripey thing going, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gee whiz! Hoping you are both soon completely well. Good luck with your event. You have been one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow - you have been working hard! Looking forward to seeing the hat on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry you didn't get to go but on the bright side you do have something to look forward to. Love the sock yarn by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is my first time joining you. Thank you for hosting, and now I am off to visit some blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I missed last Wednesday and took pictures and everything so I could join this week- I feel so productive now!!

    ReplyDelete